There are so many stories that I've heard in my life that have left big impressions on me so it's very difficult to pick just one. I think I'll have to sum it all up to anything my grandpa on my mom's side has told me and the stories I've heard about him since he's passed. My grandpa came from a lower class family who lived on the wrong side of the tracks. They had a one bedroom house for the four of them but there was never any complaints. His father was a mailman and loved every second of it even though they had very little. He met and fell in love with my grandma when he was 18 and she 16. Grandma came from a very wealthy background but none of it fazed either of them. That's the part that always gets me...they were stronger than the stereotypes of the 50's and made it through 52 years of marriage before my grandpa passed. They raised their daughters in a stable middle class lifestyle and wouldn't have had it any other way. The strength that my grandpa exhibited through his whole life is what keeps me going. He was thrown a lot of obstacles but never let anything bring him down; nothing could ever take the smile off his face. I was in my early teens when he passed and I wish everyday now that I'd had more time with him to learn more from him but the stories that my family passes around inspire me to be just like him and strive for the best but never compromise my own happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment